About Epson Thailand
- Epson Thailand Co. Ltd. is committed to providing the best imaging technologies and products for its customers through a culture of constant innovation and cooperation. Epson Thailand was established in Bangkok, Thailand in October 1990 as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Seiko Epson Corporation of Japan, with the objective of promoting the sales and marketing of Epson products in Thailand and the Indochina sub region. Epson Thailand is the sub-regional centre for Epson's operations in Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, and Cambodia.
- Epson Thailand carries the company's full range of imaging and printing products that include consumer inkjet printers, scanners, business inkjet and laser printers, prographic large format printers, multimedia projectors, POS receipt printers and electronic devices.
- Within Thailand, Epson Thailand has an extensive network of 205 authorized partners, and operates 85 service centres and a solution centre to provide the best possible support and service for its customers.
- Epson Thailand also strives to be a socially responsible corporate citizen within the Thai market it serves. To this end, Epson Thailand has been actively involved in corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives in the key focus areas of sports, education, and skills development that aim to develop and improve the lives of Thai citizens. Epson Thailand's CSR initiatives include a 2008 project with the Tungmahamek school for the deaf to offer learning instruments for handicapped children, and also support for the school's hydroponics vegetable growing project.
About the Epson Brand Name
- The Epson brand name was derived from the idea of the company being the offspring ("son") of the Seiko EP-101, the world's smallest electronic printer (EP) when it was launched in 1964. The printer was created for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics to work with the official timing devices for the games that were supplied by Epson's parent company, Seiko.
- Today, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and output products for the consumer, business, photography and prographic markets. We are also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale printers and transaction terminals for the retail market, of innovative electronic devices as well as factory automation robots.